14 June 2017
15:30 - 17:30, Polanentheater, big room
Impact investment in social housing
The Affordable Housing Bond from the NWB Bank demonstrates how impact investments contributes to social housing. As Excellent Sponsor of the International Social Housing Festival the NWB Bank is very pleased to gather an international group of experts to reflect on the opportunities and challenges of impact investments for social housing and resilient communities.
Participants will discuss topics, such as:
- What is Impact Investment?
- How can it contribute to social housing and resilient communities?
- What are the impact frameworks and indicators for the housing sector?
This event will also be the opportunity to present the Affordable Housing Bond from the NWB Bank. The event will gather speakers and participants from different sectors: finance, research, housing providers, NGO’s and the public sector.
- 15.30 – 16.00 Welcome by Tom Meuwissen, NWB Bank and Presentation Affordable Housing Bond
- 16.00 – 16.30 Keynote speech by Marja Elsinga, Professor of Housing Institutions & Governance, Department of OTB, TU Delft “European trends in Social Housing and the role of financial institutions” (to be confirmed)
- 16.30 – 17.15 Panel discussion – Opportunities for Impact Finance and Social Housing
- 17.15 – 17.30 Conclusions
- 17.30 Drinks reception
- Carl Haarnack, Portfolio Manager FI, Actiam
- Willem Hettinga, Sustainabiliy Specialist, APG Asset Management,
- Dries Wijte, Treasurer, Eigen Haard, Social Housing Organization
- Christopher Flensborg, Head of Climate & Sustainable Financial Solutions, SEB
- Anita Blessing, Marie Curie Research Fellow, University of Birmingham
- Marja Elsinga, Professor of Housing Institutions & Governance, TU Delft
- Frank Wagemans, Senior Project Manager Responsible Investment, VBDO, Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development
- Tom Meuwissen, General Manager Treasury, NWB Bank
- Sébastien Garnier, European Affairs, Aedes – Dutch federation of social housing providers (moderator)
Tom Meuwissen (NWB Bank)
In cooperation with Aedes
Sébastien Garnier (Aedes)
Date, time: Wednesday, 14 June 2017, 15:30 to 17:30 hrs
Location: Polanentheater, Polanenstraat 174, Amsterdam
Organizer: Tom Meuwissen, email@example.com, NWB Bank